The Optimist Creed
Promise Yourself . . .
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your
peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to
every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel there is
something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and
make your Optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the
best, and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of
others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on
to the greater achievements of the furure.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and
give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of
yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too
strong for fear, and too happy tp permist the presence of trouble.
(Written by Christian D. Larson in 1912 and
adopted by Optimist International in 1922)